- Transparency and understanding: We want to make sure that you fully understand how we use and protect your personal data. We respect your privacy and are committed to transparency.
- Information and clarification: This statement gives you a clear understanding of the types of personal data we collect, the purposes for which we use it and the rights and options you have in relation to your data.
- Personal data: This is information that relates to you as an identifiable natural person. This includes your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and other data that can be used to identify you.
- Processing: This refers to any activity carried out with personal data, including collection, storage, use, transfer and deletion.
- Legal bases: These are the legal bases on which we process your personal data. This may include performance of a contract, consent or other legal basis.
- Data subject: This is you - the person to whom the personal data relates.
II. Responsible body
ONSITES Graduate School (hereinafter referred to as "We", "Us" or "The Educational Institution") is the data controller for the processing of your personal data. We are aware of our responsibility and take the protection of your personal data very seriously. In this section, we would like to provide you with detailed information about us and our contact details.
1. Name of the responsible body
The name of the responsible body is ONSITES Graduate School LLC.
2. Address of the responsible body
Our head office is located at 2894 Remington Green LN STE A, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32308, USA.
3. Contact information of the responsible body
To contact us and receive information on data protection or the processing of your personal data, you can use the following communication options:
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: +359 87 645 58 59
4. Data protection officer
ONSITES Graduate School has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding data protection. The DPO can be contacted as follows:
Name of the data protection officer: Dr. Mathias Kunze
E-mail address of the data protection officer: email@example.com
Telephone number of the data protection officer: +359 87 645 58 59
5. Why is this information important?
It is very important to specify the controller and its contact details to ensure that you can contact us easily if you have any questions or concerns regarding data protection. As the controller, we are obliged to process and protect your personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection laws. You can contact us if you require information about the processing of your data, wish to exercise your data protection rights or have questions about data protection.
Our commitment to transparency and providing contact information is designed to help you trust our privacy practices. We value your privacy and are committed to protecting it.
III. Types of personal data
We would like to give you a comprehensive overview of the different types of personal data that we may collect. Personal data is information that relates to you as an identifiable natural person. This data is an essential part of our educational activities and enables us to provide our educational services effectively and efficiently.
1. Contact details
We collect the following personal contact data:
- Name: Your full name (first name and surname)
- Address: Your home address or another contact address
- Gender: Your personal gender to identify the salutation
- Email address: Your primary e-mail address for communication
- Phone number: A phone number where you can be reached
2. Date and place of birth
Your date and place of birth are required information for the administration of your studies and for the fulfillment of legal requirements.
3. Personal documents for the study application
We collect and process personal documents that identify you as a student applicant and prove your current educational achievements. These include
- ID card: Your identification document as a natural person
- Curriculum vitae: Your educational background to date
- Previous educational qualifications: Your proof of previous educational qualifications
- Letter of reference: To evaluate the suitability of the chosen field of study
4. Academic information
We collect and process academic information to effectively manage your studies and academic support. This includes:
- Degree program: Information about the degree program you are enrolled in
- Duration of studies: The planned or actual duration of your studies
- Assessments: Information about your academic performance and grades
5. Financial information
In order to enable payment processing and the administration of any scholarships, the following financial information may be recorded:
- Payment information: Information about payment methods and payment histories
- Scholarships: Information on scholarships and financial support awarded
6. Photos and videos
We may collect photos and videos of you, in particular for student ID cards and at various events at the university. The use of such media serves to verify your identity and to participate in educational activities.
7. Other information
In addition to the above categories, we may also collect other information that you voluntarily provide to us or that is relevant in connection with your studies and our educational services.
IV. Purpose of data collection and processing
ONSITES Graduate School uses your data carefully and lawfully to ensure the quality of our educational services and to enable you to succeed in your studies. Below you will find a comprehensive list of the main purposes for which we use your data.
1. Administration of your study application and enrollment
- Application process: We use your personal data in the application process to ensure that your application is processed properly and to check admission to your chosen degree program.
- Enrollment: After successful completion of the application process, your data will be used for enrollment in our educational institution.
2. Administration of your studies and academic support
- Course management: We use your data to ensure the smooth running of your studies, such as course planning and implementation, access to teaching materials and the tracking of your academic achievements.
- Academic support: Your data will be used to provide you with academic support and advice to help you achieve your goals in your studies.
3. Communication with you and provision of information
- Communication: We use your contact details to get in touch with you and provide information about educational operations, events, updates and other relevant matters.
- Provision of information: We use your personal data to provide relevant information relevant to your studies and participation in educational activities. This may include the following: Announcement of study plans, teaching events, conferences, workshops, seminars and the like.
4. Improving our educational offerings and services
Your data may be used for internal assessments and quality assurance measures in order to continuously improve our educational offerings and services.
5. Fulfillment of legal obligations
We process your data to comply with our legal obligations, including to fulfill reporting obligations to regulatory authorities and to comply with education laws and regulations.
V. Legal bases for the processing
Understanding the legal basis for processing your data is essential to ensure that your data protection rights are respected and protected.
1. Fulfillment of a contract
The ONSITES Graduate School processes your personal data if this is necessary for the fulfillment of a contract. This includes the processing of data in the context of your study request, your study application, the study contracts and other agreements concluded with you. The processing is carried out in accordance with the contractual agreements between you and the university.
In some cases, ONSITES Graduate School may process your personal data on the basis of your voluntary consent. Consent is obtained transparently and clearly and can be withdrawn by you at any time. We respect your right to withdraw your consent without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
3. Fulfillment of legal obligations
ONSITES Graduate School is subject to various legal obligations and statutory regulations. Therefore, we may process your personal data in order to comply with these obligations. This may include:
- Fulfillment of reporting obligations to supervisory authorities
- Compliance with education laws and regulations
- Implementation of study and examination administration processes in accordance with applicable law.
4. Legitimate interest of the ONSITES Graduate School
ONSITES Graduate School may process your personal data on the basis of a legitimate interest. This is done to ensure the quality of our educational services, to meet the interests and needs of our students and to improve our educational offerings. In doing so, your data protection rights and data protection interests are carefully weighed up.
VI. Recipients of your data
ONSITES Graduate School will treat your data confidentially and will only share it with third parties in certain circumstances where this is necessary to provide our educational services efficiently.
1. Teachers and lecturers
Your personal data may be shared with ONSITES Graduate School faculty and lecturers in order to conduct educational operations. This includes the provision of information necessary for teaching and academic support. These recipients are obliged to comply with data protection regulations and to keep your data secure.
2. External service providers
We may use external service providers to support our educational services. These service providers may be IT service providers, payment processors or other service providers who support us in the administration and provision of our services. In such cases, your data will only be passed on to trustworthy service providers who are contractually obliged to comply with data protection regulations.
ONSITES Graduate School may be required to disclose certain information to government or regulatory agencies in order to comply with legal requirements. This may include reporting to education regulators or other governmental agencies.
VII. Data security
ONSITES Graduate School attaches great importance to the security of your personal data. We have taken measures and precautions to protect your data from unauthorized access, loss, misuse or alteration.
1. Technical and organizational measures
We have implemented technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your data. These include
- Access control: The assignment of access rights is restricted to authorized persons in order to prevent unauthorized access.
- Encryption: Data is communicated and stored in encrypted form to ensure confidentiality.
- Regular security checks: We conduct regular security reviews and audits to identify and address potential security risks.
- Training and awareness: Our employees are trained in data protection and security procedures to ensure that they understand the best practices for handling personal data.
2. Data access restrictions
Access to your personal data is restricted to employees and third parties who need this data for legitimate purposes. Access is in accordance with the principles of data minimization and the minimum principle.
3. Data security with third parties
If we use third parties to process your data, we ensure that they take the necessary security measures to adequately protect your data.
4. Data protection impact assessment
The ONSITES Graduate School conducts data protection impact assessments to evaluate risks to your data protection rights and take appropriate measures to minimize these risks.
VIII. Storage period
ONSITES Graduate School will only store your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. Below we explain how long we keep your data. We also discuss the criteria that are taken into account when determining the storage period.
1. Storage duration for different data types
The storage period may vary depending on the type of data. In general:
- Application data: Data of applicants who are not accepted will generally be deleted after a reasonable period of time.
- Student data: Student data is generally stored for as long as you are an active student and beyond in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- Financial data: Financial data can be stored for a certain period of time in accordance with tax and legal requirements.
2. Criteria for the storage period
When determining the storage duration of your data, we take various criteria into account, including
- Fulfillment of the purposes: We only store your data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the original processing purposes.
- Legal requirements: We comply with the legal requirements that prescribe the retention of certain data.
- Contracts and agreements: The storage period can be influenced by contracts and agreements that exist between you and the university.
3. Data minimization
We only store the data that is required for the respective purposes and focus on data economy in order to limit the storage period.
4. Deletion and anonymization
As soon as the storage period has expired or there is no longer a legitimate purpose for keeping your data, it will be deleted or anonymized to ensure that you can no longer be identified.
IX. Your data protection rights
ONSITES Graduate School respects your data protection rights and is committed to ensuring that you have full control over your personal data. We would like to explain to you in detail which data protection rights you can exercise.
1. Right of access
You have the right to request a copy of your personal data processed by ONSITES Graduate School. We will provide you with this information on request - along with information about how your data is used.
2. Right to rectification
You have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data that we hold about you.
3. Right to erasure ("right to be forgotten")
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request the deletion of your personal data. However, this right is not unlimited and depends on the applicable data protection laws and data regulations.
4. Right to restriction of processing
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data. This means that we will only process your data to a limited extent.
5. Right to data portability
You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request the transfer of this data to another controller.
6. Right of objection
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data where such processing is based on our legitimate interest.
7. Right to withdraw consent
If we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
8. Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority in your country if you believe that your data protection rights have been violated.
X. Concluding remarks
ONSITES Graduate School reserves the right to update and amend this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes in legal requirements, technological developments and organizational needs. We will highlight any material changes in this Privacy Statement and indicate the date of the last update at the end of the statement.
3. Last update